A shameless and somewhat overdue plug. After several months of quality procrastination I have finally got Book one up on the Smashwords system.
The Smashword wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Admittedly I didn’t try to do anything complicated. The text was nuked (put into notepad to remove all formatting because WORD puts in all kinds of nonsense) and then the formatting had to be put back in. That second part was largely why it took so long for me to get it done. There is a convention that ship names are in Italics. That is a lot of italics to put back in.
Book Two will be put onto Kobo and Smashwords in the next month and a half.